Re: Peterborough Railway Station(slightly vandalised)

On Sat, 02 Jan 1999 22:27:35 +1100,

>Maurie Daly wrote:
>
>> Maybe Craig could comment on the situation that WCR faces with the stations
>> beyond Geelong on the Warnambool line.

VicTrack own the stations, but unused stations are leased to
residents/businesses at a nominal rental.

Stations that now have non-railway employee residents include
Moorabool, Bannockburn (bed & breakfast), Lethbridge, Meredith, Lal
Lal, Creswick, Cressy, Talbot, Inglewood, Avoca, Malmsbury, Carlsruhe,
Taradale, Tallarook, and I've probably left at least another dozen
out.

IIRC, Birregurra station on WCR's line was refurbished by the local
historical society (lovely job they did too), but I'm unsure if
there's a resident.

Regards

Yuri
--
Yuri J Sos

Reply to: steam4me@enternet.com.au

Personal Web site at http://people.enternet.com.au/~steam4me
Steam Media Productions: visit http://people.connect.net.au/~steam
"1997 - The Victorian Year in Steam" - in the shops now!