Re: The stupidity of passengers.

Stupidity of the Travelling Public:

I was taking some photos at the WESTERN end of Cockle Creek rail bridge (a
fair distance from the railway line, but with a direct view through the
bridge portals), when I noticed some teenagers behaving strangely on the
platforms ( Up line - to Sydney), looking up and back, up and back again
and again. I was concealed in behind some bushes, so they couldn't see me.

Next thing I know, they (two of them) jumped down onto the railway line (up
track), and started walking across the bridge. An 82 + 81 hurtled round the
corner (from Broadmeadow end), under the road bridge and then the driver
saw these pair of halfwits smack in the middle of the line. Lights blazing,
horns blaring, the two hurried off the up track, onto the down track, and
continued walking across the bridge. They were a little too far away for me
to photograph (I had the wrong lens), but I was thinking:" What happens if
a train comes in the opposite direction?"

The two made it "safely" across to the other side, and nonchalantly hopped
the fence, and walked off. Locals, I think.

Familiarity breeds contempt.

Patrick Barry (on my friend's Scott's computer)