Re: Crossing loop design (r.e. Southern Aurora crash)

>> I could then set my braking for
>> >the required location. Maybe 1. could be G/R; 2. could be Y/R and 3.
>> >could be pulsating Y/R. Similar to NSW practice whilst retaining the
>> >lower red light (Vics have a problem getting rid of this ;-)).
>
>ok, lets see if this is too hard...
>
>signals read in order of auto, Home arrival, Home daparture.
>
>1) Straight thru loop:
>
>G/R, G/R, G/R.

No problem so far.

>2) Stop required at Home arrival:
>
>Y/R, R/R - the home departure aspect is irrelevant here..

Okay.

>3) Stop required at the Home Departure:
>a) via the main...
>
>G/R, Y/R, R/R. - This is a normal speed route because there is no
>diversion.

Generally there is not enough room after sighting the home arrival
showing Y/R to stop at the departure. This would be okay, I suppose if
the auto showed a restrictive aspect (either Y/R or Y/G would do; what
about Y/Y?)

>b) via the loop...
>
>Y/G, R/Y, R/R - This is a medium speed route to take the loop.

No probs but I bet the signal engineer won't want the auto showing
reduce. It would be good, though.

Cheers

Krel

Just another eccentric crank.