Re: Crossing loop design (r.e. Southern Aurora crash)

John Dennis wrote:

> >I would love to see a system that tells you before you get there what
> >is required. For example at the distant/last auto indicate three
> >aspects -

Victorian remedies :)

> 1. going straight through;

Top Green (G/R) - Expect next signal at Proceed, although the next signal
(Home arrival) may be on Y/R and the Home Departure on R/R - this is where
speed signalling comes in...

> 2. stop required at home arrival;

Top Yellow (Y/R) - Expect next signal at Stop.

> >3. stop required at home departure.

Back to the speed signalling...

> I could then set my braking for
> >the required location. Maybe 1. could be G/R; 2. could be Y/R and 3.
> >could be pulsating Y/R. Similar to NSW practice whilst retaining the
> >lower red light (Vics have a problem getting rid of this ;-)).

ok, lets see if this is too hard...

signals read in order of auto, Home arrival, Home daparture.

1) Straight thru loop:

G/R, G/R, G/R.

2) Stop required at Home arrival:

Y/R, R/R - the home departure aspect is irrelevant here..

3) Stop required at the Home Departure:
a) via the main...

G/R, Y/R, R/R. - This is a normal speed route because there is no
diversion.

b) via the loop...

Y/G, R/Y, R/R - This is a medium speed route to take the loop.

No pulsating / flashing yellows required

--
Thanks, Tony.

"I put the fun in dysfunctional."

Oh no!! My Homepage address... what is it????

It's here: Railpix - Australian Railway Photography.
            http://railpix.freeservers.com