Re: Ringwood Project - Installation of new points

Stephen Devenish wrote in message <01be55b7$971897a0$c4c2868b@joker>...
>Just to clear this up........
>
>We will be installing the new modified three way 8.7 Crossover at Ringwood
>on the 26th Feb  to 1 st Mar Weekend.  This will form Stage 1 of the Works
>at Ringwood.
>

>The crossover was specially designed for Ringwood and concists of 3 8.7
>60kg RBM Turnouts with all the V cossings (Frogs) facing each other in the
>middle.  Its going to be a beast to install but will get it done.....

I'm lead to believe that the existing pointwork at the Up end will be
decommissioned (spiked & clipped etc) on Fri/Sat 19/20th, with levers etc,
being sleeved & detection designed out of the control circuits.  Rodding etc
is to be removed on this weekend as well.  The turnouts will be replaced the
following weekend 27/28, with the new pointwork remaining spiked out until
the commissioning of the new CBI on a date that I know not.

P.S. What is a RBM Turnout?

BC