Re: Coffs Harbour train times

Bevan Wall wrote in message <36c5d318.1528230@NEWS.OZEMAIL.COM.AU>...
>On Fri, 12 Feb 1999 14:04:02 +1100, "Chris Stratton"
><stratton.chris.cp@bhp.com.au> wrote:
>
>>Does anyone have times for freight trains at Coffs Harbour? I will be
>>there soon from Saturday to Wednesday.
>>If anyone can give me the times I won't get upset at them if the trains
>>don't arrive.
>
>Down freights in daylight(approx only)
>SB3 9.05
 Look for SB3  just after 8,00am.... it usually crosses NT26 at Boambee
Beach...

>2GB3 (tue) 8.00
>1627 14.00
Nearly always in Grafton by then....
>PB4 15.30
>MB2 17.15
>SB5 19.00
>
>Up freights
>BM2 8.20
>6122 9.40
>BS2 15.00
>BS6 17.00
>
>My experience has been that north coast freights can run very early or
>very late, depending on whether scheduled crosses are met, but at
>least Coffs Harbour is still manned amd I have always been able to get
>up-to-date train running information from the staff.

Coffs Harbour, whilst still mannned has nothing to do with train running
whatsoever any more since they built Boambee Beach Crossing Loop, the local
control panel is now located at Boambee and there are no sidings at Coffs
anymore.  The staff at Coffs only know there is a train coming when it roars
thru the station these days... tho they could make a call to find out I
spose..

Cheers
Jack
For a minute there I lost myself