Re: Coffs Harbour train times

In article <7a05n1$nj120@atbhp.corpmel.bhp.com.au> "Chris Stratton" <stratton.chris.cp@bhp.com.au> writes:
>From: "Chris Stratton" <stratton.chris.cp@bhp.com.au>
>Subject: Coffs Harbour train times
>Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 14:04:02 +1100

>Does anyone have times for freight trains at Coffs Harbour? I will be
>there soon from Saturday to Wednesday.
>If anyone can give me the times I won't get upset at them if the trains
>don't arrive.
>--
>Regards,
>Chris Stratton
>Wollongong, NSW, Australia

Coffs harbour is now a fairly boring place to watch trains , on account of
there are no crosses there anymore .
Boambee Beach is the first crossing loop to the south and is only marginally
less boring as its on the flat and trains come thru at full speed.

here are some times for Boambee Beach.
Weekends
MB2	16-05 	(sat/sun)
1627	0210	(sat)
MB4	21-56	(sat/sun)
6AB6	18-30	(sun)
SB7	00-08	(sat)
2PB4	14-57	(sat)
3PB4	16-58	(sun)
1BS2	08-20	(sun)
7BM2	16-53	(Sat)
6122	10-21	(Sat)
1BS8	21-53	(sun)
7BS8	21-53	(sun)
7bm4	00-50	(sat)
7BY4	03-58	(Sat)
1BY4	03-38	(sun)

Weekdays
4BM2	18-45	Thur
BM2	16-14	W/F
MB4	21-56	Tue-Fri
SB7	00-08	Mon-Fri
SB3	08-24	Fri
1627	14-52	Tue-Fri
1PB4	15-45	Fri
GB3	10-35	M/F
PB4	17-33	Mon-Thu
BS2	08-21	M-F
6122	10-11	M-F
BM2	16-12	Tue-Fri
BS8	21-53	Mon-Thu
6BA6	21-53	Fri
6BG3	23-33	Fri
BM4	03-58	Mon-Fri
BY4	03-58	Mon-Fri
4BG3	05-09	Wed

It really depends a bit on what you want to see, as to where is the best place
to go.
Landrigans crossing loop which is the first loop nth of Coffs is not a bad
place as its right at the top of the 1:80 climb up the red range, and youll
hear them coming for miles , but you wont see many crosses as the loops too
short.
Boambee Beach on the other hand is a long 1500 M loop, so there are a few
crosses there.
Happy watching

MD

4