Re: A new Era Starts For Victoria's Railways

dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David Bromage) wrote in aus.rail:

>Stuart Thyer (sthyer@anatomy.unimelb.edu.au) wrote:
>> What about Rail America, Mark?  I spoke to Graeme Claytor when he was in
>> Vic last August as he used a Steamrail weekender as a means to inspect
>> some of the potential assets.  As he pointed out, it was the only way to
>> get around on the system.  He's also a fan.
>
>I think he's also a steam driver in the US.

That would freak-out V-Line Freight staff to have their business owned
by a gunzel.

I'd like to see them make fun of rail-fans then.

Hey Rod! You remember your workmates telling you you were nuts
discussing railways with railfans? You better tell 'em to behave now.

Seriously, I hope everything works out well for you and the rest of
the staff at VLF. If Tasrail is anything to go by, we should be in for
a great time for all.

Les Brown