Re: Safeworking Rules.

Uhm the general differences between the road signal and the railway signal
are:

Rail signals detect trains by an electric circuit, while road detects cars
by weight;

A road signal only need operate at an intersection, designed to get as many
cars moving as it can, A rail signal is designed for one train at a time;

When a road signal fails, it usually goes blank, and there is a "stop" sign
or something similar for use in this case or police on duty;

I dont think rail should have any breach of rules in this area because
trains can not swerve if a mistake has been made. If a signal fails, There
should be nothing going past it until it is fixed, or the communication
should be totally clear.

Isnt it amazing how many accidents on both road and rail happen when signals
are disobeyed?

Brendan

843red$29rg$1@otis.netspace.net.au">news:843red$29rg$1@otis.netspace.net.au...