Re: [VIC] Tour clashes (was: high speed tours (was: [VIC] R766 and R711 Ballarat tour.))

Michael Kurkowski wrote:

> <snip> ...but going to QLD??? That
> is clearly sacrilige! <snip>

Steam from Brisbane to Cairns* in wooden carriages! I'll take that over
Steamfreight any day, especially when the VGR run the two well wagons next to
each other, that really looks odd. (Apart from that the Steamfreight weekends
are usually good, so please don't flame me :-) )

*Ended up being steam from Brisbane - Gladstone and then Rockhampton - Cairns.
One of the fuseable plugs failed in BB18 1/4 1079 before we left Gladstone so
we ended up getting 1281 from Gladstone - Rockhampton. I usually don't like EE
locos, but this one looks nice :-) (however it sounds crap compared to a GM or
ALCO. <waiting for flaming from an EE fan :-)>)

> Gimme J549 over any banana bender loco any day (excluding any G8's) :-)

I prefer J549 over a G8, but only slightly. My favourite diesel is any S, 42
or GM they all look and sound good. Go to the audio section in my web site to
download a recording of GM36 leaving Kilmore East with two empty S cars on an
up SRHC transfer movement, its only 403kb. It really sounds good with a
subwoofer and the volume turned up!

--
- James Brook -

e-mail: