Re: high speed tours (was: [VIC] R766 and R711 Ballarat tour.)

----------
In article <JTY74.278$n23.1430@ozemail.com.au>, "John Kerley"
<deaftech@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>There has been a tour co-ordinating committee, organized by Tom Murray, in
>existence for many years to prevent precisely this type of situation.  It
>meets every 2-3 months with representatives from most of the tour operating
>groups in order to prevent clashes.  Unfortunately Steamrail, for whatever
>reason, would not attend (although I think Elecrail did).  I suspect that
>after the above mentioned disaster, Steamrail may now change their tune!

It had, I understand, something to do with a clash betweeen the SRV rep and
Tom Murray some 4 years ago when SRV had a charter clash with an ARE event,
I believe it was an ARE walking tour. Tom Murray couldn't grasp the concept
of why SRV wouldn't ask the charterer to move the date!

We do send our upcoming tours program to the co-ord committee.

Stuart Thyer
Photographer
University of Melbourne