[VIC] Tour clashes (was: high speed tours (was: [VIC] R766 and R711 Ballarat tour.))

Stuart Thyer wrote:

> It had, I understand, something to do with a clash betweeen the SRV rep and
> Tom Murray some 4 years ago when SRV had a charter clash with an ARE event,
> I believe it was an ARE walking tour. Tom Murray couldn't grasp the concept
> of why SRV wouldn't ask the charterer to move the date!

If this is the case then there is something wrong with the whole process,
clearly Steamrail can't stuff around charter customers just because of a walking
tour! The ARE should have moved the date, especially if its only a simple
walking tour.Its a real pity that these sort of things happen because neither
group benefits. Both groups need as many passengers as possible on all their
tours.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail: