Re: PHAs PHNs and Carriage codes (was: new XPT cars order)

The Railway Rasputin. wrote in message
<385C95BE.D9612D67@fastlink.com.au>...
>It depends on where you place the letter
>RUB, HUB, CUB, BOB, DUB were sets not cars.

Indeed - but none of the CUB and LUB sets had the letter 'N' in the car
caodes, and you siggested the 'N; stood for "non-airconditioned".

>The A in the sleaping cars is in a diferent possi to the A in the PHA.

The 'A' is the car type in the PHA - similiar to the PHN.

>The A in the AB, ABX and AK means "special" carriage.

>The A and M in all sleaping cars again has a different meaning, It was
>explained to me but I can't remember but basicly means beds and stuff.

All sleeping cars have an 'A' in them, the 'M' meaning "Mann" type cars,
that is, beds across the carriage (basically, what we have come to know and
love as twinettes).

Dave