Re: new XPT cars order

"< Tell >" wrote:

> > Not unless Countrylink gets some ELs.

> Why not, they are for hire and could relieve the XPT
> power cars for some TLC in the shops, only problem I
> see, they do not look Countrylink, this would not
> bother the public or most aus.rail readers, but the
> C-link image boys might be worried.

XPT cars use a wyrde form of power supply which the EL's would be unable
to produce. So that's pretty much it for that argument.

I was under the impression that the EL class were to have been used with
a whole new set of trailing cars, anyway.

--
Robert Kearey		Remote Access Group
ITS			University of Queensland