Re: Sale - Hillside - number plate of RTL1

Yuri J Sos wrote:
> >IIRC there was an intention to buy 3 of the critters, it was part of Marinus
> >ideas on more a efficient railway, if the RTL broke down you just took it
> >down to the nearest garage. |-)
>
> That explains the number plate -- it was RTL.1 -- I'm told it's now
> MVO-RTL

It is. On page 1 of this weeks Weekly Times, you can see its green
Victorian number plate with white lettering - "MVORTL Victoria - On the
Move". Reading Rod's post, maybe the MVO stands for Marinus Van
Onselen.  i.e. MVORTL Marinus Van Onselen Road Transferable Locomotive.
Sounds like something Jeff Kennett would do.
Andrei(using Dimitri's isp)