Re: Boo Hiss to Hillside

Vaughan Williams wrote:

> [snip]
>
> 4. Contingency planning dictates that it is known to the railways and
> tramways that major disruptions occur on a reasonably regular basis
> somewhere in the system, whether its a fire on the tracks, an overhead
> coming down or whatever. There has to be a plan and procedure for
> whenever this happens. This might include organising special extra
> trams if the affected stations are on a tram route, getting at least a
> couple of buses on standby (rather than doing a ringaround of the bus
> companies, the station staff should know exactly where the spare buses
> are and who to ring to organise them) and going out of their way to
> assist passengers like the person who kicked off this thread - getting
> him on the first bus, or if necessary putting him in a cab.

"... it is know to the railways ... major disruptions occur on a reasonably
regular basis ..."  What's reasonably regular basis?  Can you do us a big
favour by indicating when the next disruption going to occur and where it
will be, so none of us will be late for our work, school or appointment.

"... the station staff should know exactly where the spare buses are and
who to ring to organise them ..."  Vaughan, are you serious about this?
How are station staff going to know this without ring relevant bus
companies?  Becoming bus controllers with bus graphs?

Oh by the way, a Bus 270 (Ringwood - Box Hill) just left the corner of
Dorking and Springfield Road, Box Hill!

Railvic