Re: new XPT cars order

Jack wrote:

> Hi dave...
>
> Dave Proctor <daproc@spambait.umpires.com> wrote in message
> 83d6n4$97e$1@news1.mpx.com.au">news:83d6n4$97e$1@news1.mpx.com.au...

> > >Now Dave, I am not so sure that still applies...
> >
> > It would have had to have been a modification on the PHA.
>
> as I said I am not sure if it applies.... someone will be bound to know for
> sure tho

Any powervan *can* power an XPT set, as it is simply up to 415V up to 50 Hz.  I
am trying to rmember if the XPT cars have a trip wire.  I was under the
impression that they had a neutral wire through the jumper, and not a trip
wire.  This would mean that a power van would require a modification to bypass
the trip circuit (fairly simple - 1 switch).  If that is the case, then the PHAs
would probably all have the switch installed.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au