Re: new XPT cars order

Hi dave...

Dave Proctor <daproc@spambait.umpires.com> wrote in message
83d6n4$97e$1@news1.mpx.com.au">news:83d6n4$97e$1@news1.mpx.com.au...
> Jack wrote in message ...
>
> >> Yes, you seem to be. The PHA van was built to be compatible with both
> >> HUB/RUB set rolling stock and XPT rolling stock.
> >
> >Now Dave, I am not so sure that still applies...
>
> It would have had to have been a modification on the PHA.

as I said I am not sure if it applies.... someone will be bound to know for
sure tho

> >whenever we have had to
> >haul XPT sets in the past it is with one power car attached to provide
the
> >supply...
>
> But that has always been on an ad-hoc basis, hasn't it? There hasn't
really
> been any programmed loco hauling of XPT carriages, has there?

Not programmed but we have done it on the odd occasion

> ?as I said I am not sure whether those early power vans still are
> >compatable with with the XPT fleet..... I am open to enlightenment tho
>
> A Sydney based PSS (active with the unions, has been a union rep - that
> narrows it down quite a lot) says that they still are - he says that they
> have been pushing to get the BHQ service operated as a PHA, XBR, XFH but
> stock shortages prevent it.

They will run with 3 cars they are talking, plus an XP... the boss was
talkina bout buyin 2 new XPs I dont know what happend to that suggestion tho

> >I think the argument is academic at this point.... the new cars will be
> >hauled by 1 XP, so the question of power supply for the cars is not an
> >issue... That is the word from the pple who should know any way...
>
> There has not been anything released about how they will be hauled - not
> publically released, anyway. Haulage by an XP creates other problems too -
> reversing the train at Orange (not a problem at the moment on Tuesday on
the
> current timetablem but Friday morning would be a problem) and at Junee in
> both directions.
n They would work a way around it :)

--
Cheers