Re: Train Accident in Blue Mountains

Dave Proctor wrote:

> Richard wrote in message <384D701C.18121739@primus.com.au>...
> >Valid point...it was along this train of thought that I asked for known
> stopping distances for selected speeds. It had
> >occurred to myself as well that maybe the IC wasnt stopping as quickly as
> the driver might have liked.
> >As youallude , this will come out in the inquiry.
>
> Yep - seems like that to me as well. If the driver had time to drop the
> handle, get out of his compartment, through two sets of doors, down a set of
> steps and some way along the lower deck, then a full emergency brake
> application leaves something to be desired.
>
> Dave

oh boy you lot have little faith in the ability of a human in
full flight for fear of their life!

I can assure you that as I'm familiar with the design of the cab
and emergency exit in an Inter Urban it would take me about 3 seconds to
get out and into the main part of the Car. Maybe even
less if I was shit scared I was going to get killed.
--

Pope

Alias	John MacCallum

remove MY from MYlisp to get the real email address.