Re: Train Accident in Blue Mountains

Richard wrote in message <384D701C.18121739@primus.com.au>...
>Valid point...it was along this train of thought that I asked for known
stopping distances for selected speeds. It had
>occurred to myself as well that maybe the IC wasnt stopping as quickly as
the driver might have liked.
>As youallude , this will come out in the inquiry.

Yep - seems like that to me as well. If the driver had time to drop the
handle, get out of his compartment, through two sets of doors, down a set of
steps and some way along the lower deck, then a full emergency brake
application leaves something to be desired.

Dave