Re: Glenbrook..... What was said?

Jack wrote:
Snip

> WL2 was ahead.... it seems reasonable to me that if you are informed there
> is a train ahead in an automatic area, you proceed past a stick at stop
> lookin very hard for that train that is ahead...

Yes if I was told to Pass an Automatic that was at Stop because
if had failed I would expect to find the next signal either at
stop or clear, not another train!

SNIP

> I am ont trying to blame or absolve anyone from blame, but it seems to me
> that communications may have a large role to play in this accident... It is
> f***ing ridiculous that the  driver of a City Rail train cannot talk to
> drivers of trains of other operators, because of different radio systems....

When the City Rail MetroNet Radio system was installed and it
became known that you could not talk to a City Rail Train on
Train Radio it was said to Management that this was going to
cause problems. As usual we were ignored, after all what would
we know we only drive the bloody things!

--

Pope

Alias	John MacCallum

remove MY from MYlisp to get the real email address.