Re: Glenbrook..... What was said?

John MacCallum wrote:

> Jack wrote:
> Snip
>
> > WL2 was ahead.... it seems reasonable to me that if you are informed there
> > is a train ahead in an automatic area, you proceed past a stick at stop
> > lookin very hard for that train that is ahead...
> >
> Yes if I was told to Pass an Automatic that was at Stop because
> if had failed I would expect to find the next signal either at
> stop or clear, not another train!

John,  that is a worrying statement.....

Think about the possibilities... a signal is declared defective by a signaller
that has No track circuit identification of the area, just because it failed to
clear..

possibilities for failing to clear could include...
    Broken track circuit bond.
    Broken rail
    Defective control gear
    TRAIN IN SECTION..

in any circumstance, permission to pass is given on the grounds that the driver
would proceed at a speed of which he could stop short of any obstruction.

--
Thanks,

Tony Gatt.

  Never be afraid to try something new.