Re: Train Accident in Blue Mountains

Ian Jelf <ian@bluebadge.demon.co.uk> wrote in article
<yBPo6IBQosR4EwWc@bluebadge.demon.co.uk>...

> And elsewhere in this thread, someone has told of a Channel 10 Sydney
> reporter talking about the wrecked engine "still steaming".

I saw another Channel Ten cock-up as well....

On Ten Late Night News last night (2/12), they showed a small clip of an
ambulance officer speaking into a handheld two-way radio, saying in a very
bland monotone voice, that sounded almost scripted - "Yea, we've got a
train down here that's run into the back of the Indian Pacific, we'll need
ambulances urgently....." or something to that effect. Thing is: wouldn't
half the state's ambulance service have arrived there before any Channel
Ten reporter and cameraman coming up the M4?

It sounded too contrived to be true..... I doubt an ambulanceman would
stand there saying that in front of a camera... *shrug*

Regards,
Bradley.