Re: Train Accident in Blue Mountains

In article <01bf3d8a$ea015400$921f083d@default>, Bradley Torr
<btorr@bigpond.nospam.com> writes

>Ian Jelf <ian@bluebadge.demon.co.uk> wrote in article
><yBPo6IBQosR4EwWc@bluebadge.demon.co.uk>...
>
>> And elsewhere in this thread, someone has told of a Channel 10 Sydney
>> reporter talking about the wrecked engine "still steaming".
My misquote there:  I realise now that they said "still hissing".

>I saw another Channel Ten cock-up as well....
Ah.......

>On Ten Late Night News last night (2/12), they showed a small clip of an
>ambulance officer speaking into a handheld two-way radio, saying in a very
>bland monotone voice, that sounded almost scripted - "Yea, we've got a
>train down here that's run into the back of the Indian Pacific, we'll need
>ambulances urgently....." or something to that effect. Thing is: wouldn't
>half the state's ambulance service have arrived there before any Channel
>Ten reporter and cameraman coming up the M4?
>
>It sounded too contrived to be true..... I doubt an ambulanceman would
>stand there saying that in front of a camera... *shrug*
You'd be surprised what media types (especially in TV) will ask!   I
know of a paramedic here in Britain who was being tailed by a BBC film
crew being asked to put a drip on an injured man.

When she told them (in a slightly puzzled way) that he didn't *need* a
drip, she was asked to do it anyway as it "looked better on the screen".
She refused.
--
Ian Jelf        http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk
Birmingham, UK