Re: Services on City Rail Interurbans

Rod Gayford wrote:

> Put the vending machine where the guard sits. There is ample room for the
> driver. The guard doesn't have to switch ends. In the old red rattlers in my
> days (I am 52) the spare guards compartment doors were usually locked in the
> open position. There has to a compromise between the amenity of the crew and
> the convenience of paying public. The large guards compartments only
> appeared on the red rattlers built by Tullochs.
> Cheers
> RJG

I don't know.

Some people need to take some reality pills and have a good lie down.

What if the guards work station is faulty and they have to use the other
one?
Then there is the matter of security, not to mention saftey for the
feral passengers that will fall out of the crew doors because they lack
commonsense.

rgds