Re: Services on City Rail Interurbans

Put the vending machine where the guard sits. There is ample room for the
driver. The guard doesn't have to switch ends. In the old red rattlers in my
days (I am 52) the spare guards compartment doors were usually locked in the
open position. There has to a compromise between the amenity of the crew and
the convenience of paying public. The large guards compartments only
appeared on the red rattlers built by Tullochs.
Cheers
RJG
David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
37D0F6C5.21FF133@ozemail.com.au">news:37D0F6C5.21FF133@ozemail.com.au...
> Rod Gayford wrote:
>
> > Use the ample crew accommodation to put in vending machines. The crew
would
> > still have one set of accommodation per 4 car set which is ample.
>
> And what happens when the train terminates?  Does it run in reverse?
>
> > The large
> > amount of crew accommodation is only a hangover from the days when inter
> > urban service were run by the country passenger division of the then
NSWGR.