Re: Services on City Rail Interurbans

Railway Rasputin wrote:

> The setup of the trains would make it almost impossible to do.
> With the trolley service how would you get it up and down steps?
> With the buffet style, where woud you put it?

It would have to go into the middle of the consist, as 8 cars is a long way to
walk through a train.  One idea might be to put a single deck dining car between
the two four car blocks allowing passengers to enter from each end.

> And how would you power it?

V sets have 415V motor/gens

> Plus the services are now packed as it is.

You would need to add a car.  You could not remove existing seating.  I can't see
it being viable on all stations commuter runs.  It could possibly work on express
commuter, or off-peak all-stations runs.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au