Re: Services on City Rail Interurbans

Railway Rasputin <bob@fastlink.com.au> wrote in message
37BFDB8D.34C53C1C@fastlink.com.au">news:37BFDB8D.34C53C1C@fastlink.com.au...

> The setup of the trains would make it almost impossible to do.
> With the trolley service how would you get it up and down steps?
I reckon some inventive person could solve that problem. In fact, third
world countries are full of solutions to the problem of how a person can
carry a lot of stuff under difficult conditions.

> With the buffet style, where woud you put it?
One possibility is to add a ninth carriage, which would not have to fit on
station platforms.
Alternately, sacrifice some seats. Have a dining car (diners upstairs,
passagway & kitchen downstairs & make up for the loss of seats by having a
more frequent service.

> And how would you power it?
What's wrong with electricity?
If there is a problem, use LPG.

> Plus the services are now packed as it is.
They said it was impossible to put a man on the moon.
They said it was impossible to build a railway across the Blue Mountains.

--
David Martin
Web Developer