Re: Hillside Trains: The first 48 hours

As someone who has to catch at least four trains a day, I must say that the
services on the Belgrave and Lilydale lines have increased.  By services, I
don't mean number of trains or the sort, I mean the efficiency.  I, myself,
am fully behind the privatisation.  As a business and graphics student, the
new slogan "A new train of thought" is very catchy and suits the new age
very well.  The new posters advertising the football (although a little
late, but that can't really be helped), the show and the Spring events are
excellent.  They get your attention and work well with the new slogan.
However, I too must say that the rush on the new logos for the train isn't
that great, but I do support the idea to inform the public that their
services are no longer government run.  There has not been nearly enough
media huff about the official "handing over of the keys" as there was when
the successful bidders were named or when the National Express consortium
announced the new trams, light rails and trains to be commisioned for
Swanston Trams and Bayside Trains for 2002.  There have been several
noticeable signs about the new owners, however, which is good (i.e. train
logos, advertisements on stations, "Alstrom: Melbourne Transport Limited"
signs on Bayswater Train Maintenance Centre)

I wholly congratulate MTE on their take-over of the Belgrave, Lilydale,
Alamein, Glen Waverley, Epping and Hurstbridge line; and wish them the best
of luck.

Bryan.