Re: Hillside Trains: The first 48 hours

>i also noted at my local station (ginifer) there are signs promoting the
>royal melbourne show. a pice of paper was stuck on the sign saying "take a
>train" these have sprung up in the past 24 hours

Having caught  several trains today as my car was being serviced, I saw the
Hillside posters advertising train services to the Show and Football, I
quite like them. They are in my opinion eye catching but simple. The
information on services at the bottom could be bigger but you get the idea
from the posters.

As for the comments on the stickers on the Comengs, I think it is a poor
attempt at spreading the corporate name. They would be better off doing one
full train at a time in the new livery as was traditional. It doesn't look
so hurried and you can't see them very well except close up anyway, the old
Met logos were far more recognisable from a distance. The new stickers tend
to blend in rather than be distinguished from the rest of the train, indeed
the Met logos are far more obvious! I think instead of the 5 logos, they
would be better off with one big one that stands out from a distance.

A few fully done trains (even if just 3 car sets) would attract more
attention to the new company colours than one pair of stickers on a motor
car per Comeng 6 car set. As anyone who remembers the change over from the
Vicrail orange livery to the green and gold can probably testify.

Apart from this, I'm looking forward to seeing what the new owners do and
whether a new train of thought as a slogan is fulfilled or just a load of
marketing crap...