Re: Hillside Trains: The first 48 hours

FRISCÉ Theatre Co. (Bryan Cullis) <rabonzo@primus.com.au> wrote in message
936190885.409415@diddley.primus.com.au">news:936190885.409415@diddley.primus.com.au...
> As someone who has to catch at least four trains a day, I must say that
the
> services on the Belgrave and Lilydale lines have increased.  By services,
> don't mean number of trains or the sort, I mean the efficiency.  I,
myself,
> am fully behind the privatisation.  As a business and graphics student,
the
> new slogan "A new train of thought" is very catchy and suits the new age
> very well.  The new posters advertising the football (although a little
> late, but that can't really be helped), the show and the Spring events are
> excellent.  They get your attention and work well with the new slogan.
> However, I too must say that the rush on the new logos for the train isn't
> that great, but I do support the idea to inform the public that their
> services are no longer government run.  There has not been nearly enough
> media huff about the official "handing over of the keys" as there was when
> the successful bidders were named or when the National Express consortium
> announced the new trams, light rails and trains to be commisioned for
> Swanston Trams and Bayside Trains for 2002.  There have been several
> noticeable signs about the new owners, however, which is good (i.e. train
> logos, advertisements on stations, "Alstrom: Melbourne Transport Limited"
> signs on Bayswater Train Maintenance Centre)
>
> I wholly congratulate MTE on their take-over of the Belgrave, Lilydale,
> Alamein, Glen Waverley, Epping and Hurstbridge line; and wish them the
best
> of luck.
>
> Bryan.

Well, well!!! We might have a buddy Liberal MP here?

Most students I knew started off radical lefties and moved to the right as
they grew older!!!

Never heard of the other way though.

In my case I started off a leftie but I must have missed the train to the
right.

Then again I wasn't much of a student anyway<g>.

Bob.

(PS. This not a personal attack at you Bryan, your intitled to your opinions
like the rest of us, just could help myself).