Re: Q. Length of a MET silver train carriage?

: A discussion over dinner was had last night about the length a of silver
: train carriage on the MET (Melb train system name before being Jeffed).
: Don't ask how we got onto the topic!

: Anyway, where can I find such info? I've had a quick look on the www and I
: can see that there are Comeng and Hitachi makes of these carriages. Are they
: the same length?  (One site suggested 74 feet, but can I trust this? It's
: not even a metric measurement).

The information about the length of MET train can be found in the appendix to the working timetable (wtt).
Length of a Hitachi car is 23.6 metres (motor and trailer and same length)
Length of a Comeng Motor car is 24.0 metres
Length of a Comeng trailer car is 23.2 metres
Length of a Double Deck motor (non driving) car is 19.4 metres
Length of a Double Deck driving trailer car is 19.6 metres

This information has been e-mailed as requested, but copied here for the
information of others.

--

Chris Gordon
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord