Q. Length of a MET silver train carriage?

Hi all,
I didn't know where else to turn to but to this news group.

A discussion over dinner was had last night about the length a of silver
train carriage on the MET (Melb train system name before being Jeffed).
Don't ask how we got onto the topic!

Anyway, where can I find such info? I've had a quick look on the www and I
can see that there are Comeng and Hitachi makes of these carriages. Are they
the same length?  (One site suggested 74 feet, but can I trust this? It's
not even a metric measurement).

Anyway, if anyone can email some help to psala@swin.edu.au, the I'd be very
grateful.

Thanks in advance, Peter