Re: QR and photographers - NSW experience.

"Peter Cook" <glt0145@ozemail.com.au> wrote in aus.rail:

>I rang the qr office in Brisbane about taking photos and several things were
>pointed out.
>1. If you want to take photos on QR property you need there permission.
>2. It is not Public land (Corpertisation).  As such you do not have a god
>give right  to photo graph on there land. Just like you couldn't walk onto
>private land and take photos.
>3. It is a case of safety and Liability. A commuter may not want there photo
>taken. (By accident or on purpose with out their permission.)
>4. If you do get permission to take photos you will require a QR person with
>you at all times.
>5. QR person will cost $100 per Hour. Minimum 4 hours.

I take it that this means that photographing QR steam specials are
also out of the question? Do you need to ask permission for them as
well? Do we need to pay $100.00 p/h to have a QR staff member watch
over us at all times whilst we photograph their locos at their
organised photo-stops? Do we need to ask the permission of every
member of the public (and one assumes railfans also) who happen to get
in to the picture?

Seems a bit weird, but then it IS qld.

Les Brown