Re: QR and photographers

Roy Wilke <3891@bit.net.au> wrote in message <37a3e74b@news.ausmail.com>...

>I think you will find that QR do have the right - and can enforce it
>legally. ISTR that a railway station platform is not  universally
accessible
>to the public, and the SM can prevent access to whoever he wishes to
prevent
>access to.

Not if they have a valid rail ticket. They need legislation or regulation to
be able to do otherwise. They CANNOT prevent me from taking photos whilst
waiting for a train, UNLESS it is the law. Unlike a private company, a
government body cannot do what they like when they like.

>Getting back to Roma Street, the original poster could stand on Countess
>Street or in Albert Park and  take photos without having to ask for
>permission.
>
>However, it would probably be best to contact the SM at Roma Street - he
>might be lucky enough to get the staff on a good day and so gain access to
>places even better for photography than the passenger platforms.

True - but if all he wanted was photos of trains in platforms, or
approaching platforms, he would be quite entitled to request the legal basis
under which the station staff were denying him access.

DaveP