Re: QR and photographers - NSW experience.

On Mon, 02 Aug 1999 12:01:40 GMT, "WhaleOilBeefHooked" <
>>I  just phoned Roma Street to inquire, and was told that someone who set
>up
>>a camera and tripod on a platform without arranging for permission would be
>>moved off before he got a chance to take a photo.

What experiences have photographers/videoers (is there such a word
yet?) had in NSW? When shooting from platforms I always try to find
somebody senior (usually the SM) and ask permission. Usually there are
no problems, but I have found that at some of the stations around
inner Sydney the response has been somewhat hostile, ranging from
being told to "go away" to being escorted by security off the station
and, in one case when I had arrived there by train and had a ticket,
having security people stand either side of me until the next train
arrived and made to get on. There seems to be a definate
anti-enthusiast attitude prevailing around the inner city area - can
any railway employee reading this suggest what has caused this. Is it
a reaction to irresponsible behaviour of railfans in the past (I have
seen photographers etc do some really stupid and dangerous things
while trying to take photos) or is there some specific directive being
followed.
Bevan Wall.