Re: QR and photographers

Hi all,

Just returned from holidays up north. Went to Roma Street last Monday to
ride Tilt Train. Walked up platform 10 to where Tilt Train was being
serviced, took a couple of shots, no problems. Took a couple of shots of
suburban sets going past, no problems. Took photo of Tilt Train moving
into position for passengers on platform 10, no problems. After riding
Tilt Train to Cooroy and back, took another few shots at Roma Street, got
suburban to Exhibition station, couple of more shots, approached by QR
staff member who assumed we were waiting for steam hauled specials
through Exhibition, who told us that they had just finished for the day,
nothing said about photography. Went back to platform 9 at Roma Street
and another few shots.

No problems at all.

Regards
Paul Turtle

In article <37A9A332.E9C62333@ozemail.com.au>, trainman@ozemail.com.au
says...
> Michael McDonald wrote:
>
> > I don't know if I should be having sleepless nights now after reading this
> > thread.  I visited QR last March/April and, according to correspondents, had
> > the audacity to video from various platforms at Roma Street, numerous other
> > stations, and their vicinity.  Even stood in front of the train crew to take
> > my shots while they relaxed on the grass during the stop at, umm, umm, ...
> > (can't remember the name of the place, not far from Longreach, where there's
> > a monument to celebrate the birth of the Australian Labor Party).
>
> Barcaldine.
>
> > I now await the dreaded Gestapo, demanding that I surrender my videotape and
> > camcorder, and suggesting (on pain of death) that I accompany them back to
> > paradise for an impartial inquisition, trial, and interminable
> > incarceration.
>
> Country areas don't seem to be as bad as the suburban area.  I'm surprised you
> weren't shot at Roma St... :-)
>
> --
> David Johnson
> trainman@ozemail.com.au
> http://www.ozemail.com.au/~trainman/

  Please visit 'Paul Turtle's Railway Page of New South Wales'

              http://www.ozemail.com.au/~pturtle