Re: Ununiformed Inspectors

In article <37C0914B.226AC92F@ems.rmit.edu.au>,
  kylie.johnson@rmit.edu.au wrote:
> I recently got a fine for not having a metcard on a tram (I'd
forgotten to get one that morning - I had several weekly tickets on me
to prove that I normally have one), but the inspectors were not wearing
uniforms.  A friend of mine said she read in a paper that undercover
inspectors can only give warnings and can't issue tickets.  Is this
correct, or do I have to take it to court?

> Thanks,
>
> Kylie

kylie,
I'm not sure of Vic, but in NSW they must be either in uniform or
wearing a State Rail badge.   We use to have a blue ticket which was
used so you could show your weekly/periodical if you forgot it the next
morning at your local station - but that's capitalism for you everyone's
out for a buck.  In our courts you can get double the fine if you
'no-show'.

Paul Hayes
Public Transport Worker

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/