Re: Berwick, General Motors and Spotswood was: status - beyond Cranbourne ?

Rod <berlina@bigpond.com> wrote in message
7ok26b$k3l$1@news1.mpx.com.au">news:7ok26b$k3l$1@news1.mpx.com.au...

> This is spot on!
> In my neck of the woods [North East]
> We have a 5 day a week day return Freight on the BG, which requires
> admittance to Wodonga Yard twice, in and out. The Freight track are
placed
> and collected later on, prior to returning to Melb.
> There are 3 return Pass's a day which require the platform road only!

> The Coal siding gets one BG shunt a day.
> Switch Lock sidings are being actively promoted by Management, which
would
> reduce the FOE staff from 6 to 2 a saving of $400,000 a year!
> [Don't forget real wage cost is about 2.5 times actual wages}
> SG operations would be done from Albury South Box, and its all ready to
go.

Hmm... Threads are falling into place.
I've recently heard a story that Wodonga is to be rationalised, so that the
SG doesn't need the Bloke on at Wodonga A for every move.  Not sure if it's
a FV or ARTC job though...

Using the above logic, Coal Sidings box could be abolished quite easily,
all turnouts worked by switchlocks, hardest part would be the level
crossings.

Just to think, I believe Coal Sidings box had significant timberwork
renewal under the frame about 12 months ago :o)

--
Mr Notagunzel.
Rail Transportation Connoisseur.