Re: Movable span bridges

MarkBau1 <markbau1@aol.comQQQQyuk> wrote in message
19990808234955.25203.00008799@ng-cr1.aol.com">news:19990808234955.25203.00008799@ng-cr1.aol.com...

> <<<<<<Robinvale    Murray River            Vertical Lift     never used
for
> rail>>>>>>>

> Whilst this line was never officialy opened for traffic at least 2
commisoners
> trains and various construction trains certainly used this bridge. I
believe
> there was also some freight hauled on this line but details are sketchy.

I have a copy of A.333/32 which details arrangements for the lines opening,
on 29th Feb. 1932, but it appears it was never issued.  My copy certainly
isn't signed by the GST, and I believe it came from the PRO at Laverton.
I'm certainly under the impression the Railway Construction Branch ran
trains for a period of time.

--
Mr Notagunzel.
Rail Transportation Connoisseur.