Re: Interstate Platform at Seymour

Craig Haber wrote in message <37245217.A68697BB@harnessnet.com.au>...

>Yes there is!  Have you guys ever tried sleeping in an XPT seat??
Dreadful!  Reduce
>the journey time as much as possible, that will go some way to
compensating.

>Stopping the XPT anywhere in Victoria is a WOFTAM (good 'net acronym
there!).  As I
>suggested previously, Countrylink and VLP need to put their heads together,
time the
>Albury pass so it is an effective sweeper both ways for the XPT, and run
the XPT
>xpress from Melb-Albury.  Stopping and starting trains costs money.  Not
only the
>direct dollars in slowing and accelerating the train, but lost dollars
becuase for
>every minute you make the journey longer, you lose passengers.  All that
is, of
>course, IMHO!
>
>Cheers,
>CH.
>--
>Craig Haber
>albatross@harnessnet.com.au
>http://www.harnessnet.com.au
>The early bird catches the worm - but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Yes cut out stops where there is little population like: The Rock, Henty,
Culcairn, Yerong Creek, Uranquinty, Gunning. If Junee was not a crew change
point would it be really worth stopping there?
There is no northbound connection from Seymour on Sundays.
 The  daylight northbound XPT used to stop at Seymour every Sunday to let
off the VLP conductor to work the up Albury, but if you wanted to buy a
ticket to travel on the XPT you were refused, as the XPT would not stop to
pick up passengers!!
The Albury pass is no direct connection for those on the night train, it
involves waiting in the cold for hours at Albury.
What market research has CountryLink done ?  Have they targetted high
population areas or areas of political sensitivity??
Yes for all my steam I have written to: CountryLink ;The Local Member; PTC;
Th Local Shire; Minister of Transport; & Letters to the Editor.
All it would take would be a memo by the General Manager of CountryLink to
state that the XPT would stop at Seymour, probably this memo would cost 50
cents all up!!

GF