Re: Interstate Platform at Geelong?

G'day,

Lachlan Smith wrote:

> In a recent edition of the Advertiser newspaper there was a letter to the
> editor which was mainly aimed at promoting the video entertainment on the
> Overland, but which also stated that the Victorian Government is
> constructing an interstate platform at Geelong, to be completed by May. If
> this is true then I'm sure it will greatly boost patronage on the Overland
> (and the Ghan), no?

The SG platform is *definately* under construction at North Shore.  It appears
to be 2 carriages long, constucted from steel with concrete bases (pretty much
like Coburg and Diamond Creek's second platforms).

I hope it gets more use than the adjacent carpark - they spent quite a bit on
it, I've never seen more than 2 cars parked there!

Cheers,
CH.
--
Craig Haber