Re: Interstate Platform at Geelong?

If there is such a large problem with trains stopping at Seymour, then an
easy alternative would be to dual the platform closest to the platform at
Seymour.
All that is required is two sets of points, one stretch of line etc.
This would be so much cheaper and stop all the problems.

Anyone agree?

David D

David Langley <del@ancc.com.au> wrote in article
<371C73C2.77A6FF1C@ancc.com.au>...
Ben Staples wrote:

> Grahame Ferguson <grahamef@users.mcmedia.com.au> wrote in message
> 3711820c@nap-ns1">news:3711820c@nap-ns1...
>
> **SNIP**

Further snip.

> If it is the council that is trying to get the XPT to stop, they should
put
> their money where their mouth is and extend the platform so the XPT only
has
> to stop once. (This comment is possibly said in absolute ignorance).

The council are not at all concerned with interstate trains stopping at
Seymour
in fact the council is not even in Seymour anymore. The platform was built
during the time of our last District Superintendent and even he had no luck
getting regular stops by interstate trains. The bg trains all made
reasonable
connections at Albury and that was that.

With the improvements in 1981 (i.e. reduced size trains and seat booking)
it was
now sometimes impossible to get on the Albury at short notice to go to
Albury
although it was nearly always possible to get seats on the Spirit etc. At
that
time more than ever the need was for the sg trains to stop - but alas no.
And it
is no closer to reality these days. At least the platform is still there
and
hasn't been removed to facilitate mechanised track maintenance.

DEL