Re: Railway Digest April 1999

Maurie Daly <mauried@commslab.gov.au> wrote in message
mauried.301.371D54C3@commslab.gov.au">news:mauried.301.371D54C3@commslab.gov.au...

> Does anyone have a diagram of the triangle and where it connects to the
main
> line.
> In all the literature I have read about the triangle it seems to indicate
that
> it is to allow NR trains to run from the southern leg onto the Broken Hill
> line.
> No mention is made of whether it will allow trains to run from the Dubbo
line
> straight onto the Coota Line.
> Also does anyone know which option is being implemented ,
> ie the low cost NR option with hand operated ground frames or the
> RAC full bells & whistles option with motor points , track cct legs ,
color
> light signalling etc.
> I guess also that an intermediate staff instrument will be needed
somewhere or
> the Parkes signaller will be getting pretty fit.
>
> MD

I went past the new section of track on Sunday. If by Dubbo line you mean
from Narromine then yes, they will be able to as the Narromine line connects
at Goobang Junction. Trains from Broken Hill or Narromine head east from
Goobang Junction and then around the new section of track (which is the west
side of the triangle) and then on to the Forbes/Cootamundra line. The new
section is located in Parkes itself, near the loco depot.
I don't know how the signalling is set up, but I didn't notice any ground
frames.
--
Regards,
Chris Stratton