Re: Safeworking!

Maurie Daly wrote:

> >Actually I believe that the TAR was worked, at least in part, under
> >electric staff originally.

> >Barry Campbell

> Yes , this is correct , for reasons which escape me Pt Augusta to Stirling Nth
> (jnct of the leigh Creek line ) was originally worked under  ES , the only ES
> section in the whole AN.
> (prior to its takeover of the SAR of course.)

> On the subject of AN safeworking ,does anyone know how Kalgoorlie to Parkeston
> is / was worked .

> MD

I may be wrong, but I think Port Augusta to Port Pirie (Solomontown) was
worked by
electric staff. All crossing loops on this section had relatively large
Station
buildings, which appeared to contain a locked room. AFAI can remember,
all trains
stopped at each loop for safeworking purposes.
It may have changed now, but the last ES section was Spencer Junction -
Port Augusta.

John McCallum