Re: All-over advertising trams (Melb)

Craig Haber wrote:

> G'day,

> Gareth Lumsden wrote:

> > B2.2100 is Melbourne Zoo, and was first seen in service 15-12-1995.
>
> Does this tram still have the photo's of the team that built it inside?  I thought
> that was a nice gesture, something you don't see often these days...

> Cheers
> CH.

When first issued to traffic, 2100 was painted brown and cream. Inside,
it had
photos of the people who built it, together with scenes of its
construction.
The interesting thing is, is that 2100 was actually 2102. i.e. the 100th
B2
class tram. 2100 and 2102 swapped numbers before being issued to
traffic.
The photos in 2100 were removed when repainted.

John McCallum