Re: All-over advertising trams (Melb)

On Fri, 9 Apr 1999, Laurel Blume wrote:

> > B2.2100 is well overdue for a repaint, but contracts for B2 trams are
> > fairly rare; The cost is over $15,000.
>
> 2100 is the Nokia tram, isn't it?
>
> I don't mind it, it looks good, and also it helps me sell the bloody Nokia's
> too, considering it's on the Elizabeth St group, running right past the store.

B2.2112 is the Nokia tram.
B2.2100 is Melbourne Zoo, and was first seen in service 15-12-1995.

> BTW A little bit off topic... Vodafone have painted a Z3 (not sure which)
> which states "We now have 90% of the population covered" (or to that
> effect)... and 90% of the tram is red, the remainder is painted in the
> standard green/yellow. From a die hard anti-Vodafone salesperson, my respect
> goes to the person who thought of that. :)

Z3.175 (90% Vodaphone) has also had an accident in the last month, and has
a few panels replaced with standard green / yellow.  It's now only 88%
red!!
And yes, agreed, the concept of 90% red is quite good!

Gareth.

Gareth Lumsden, s9763278@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au
http://minyos.its.rmit.edu.au/~s9763278
"Windows 98 could not find ding.wav - Reformat C Drive? Y/Y"
"Slam forehead on keyboard to continue"