Re: MET/Hillside madness

On Thu, 19 Nov 1998 17:12:16 +1100, Jeremy Lunn <Webmaster@Melbourne.8m.com> wrote:

:Has it occurred to anyone that if you don't buy a ticket on the met and you
:get caught that all you have to say is "the machine is out of order" and
:you'll get away with it?
:Sometimes they'll make you buy a ticket, but at least it saves you from
:getting a $200 fine.  But most of the time telling the ticket inspector that
:the machine is out of order is an honest statement because the met is so
:crap that their machines are stuffed up and vandals pour hydrochloric acid
:down the coin slot destroying internal parts of the machines.

They do keep rack of which machines are fucked that week. But if it's
early in the day you might get lucky.

(Newspaper report yesterday: ONE QUARTER of all train station machines
have been vandalised. May I just point out the lack of wisdom in pissing
off your customers, and reiterate my prediction that conductors will be
back soon after privatisation.)

--
http://thingy.apana.org.au/~fun/                http://suburbia.net/~fun/scn/
http://www.netizen.com.au/                        http://xenu.netizen.com.au/