Re: MET/Hillside madness

Mick Stock <mzs@eastwood.apana.org.au> writes:

>How to lose customers in 10 minutes or less - MET style.

>Tonight the 8:05pm City to Belgrave train arrived at Flinders St with
>about 3 minutes to load up. It consisted of 6 Comeng carriages, and there
>were AT LEAST 400 people who boarded it.  Approx. 3 mins after it arrived,
>everyone was unceremoneously kicked off it, with the explanation "train has
>to be divided....".

>WHY WAS THIS SO??????

This is something I have been critical of for a very long time. In my opinion,
_ALL_ trains between 6am and 10pm on the Lilydale/Belgrave lines should
be 6 carriages - every day of the week. (Extend this to 11.30pm on Friday and
Saturday nights). Anything less is simply stupidity.

On Sundays the policy seems to be three carriages for the entire day, yet
the trains are always full. Does it really save _that_ much money by running
a 3 carriage train?

I have seen some very ridiculous things done in the recent few months -
for example, at 7.05 pm a Glen Waverley bound train arrives at Museum Station.
It's almost empty, yet the train is a 6-carriage Hitachi. 6 minutes later,
the Lilydale/Belgrave train arrives - standing room only, and it's a 3
carriage train. Why?

So who do we write to, to get some sort of action taken on this, where we'll
actually be taken seriously?

Cheers,

Paul.

--
Paul Dwerryhouse                                        paul@xenu.ee.mu.oz.au
"The growing use of e-mail, not to mention Web-page publishing, threatens to