Re: MET/Hillside madness

Paul Dwerryhouse wrote in message <71o0cj$ic$1@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU>...

>On Sundays the policy seems to be three carriages for the entire day, yet
>the trains are always full. Does it really save _that_ much money by
running
>a 3 carriage train?

SillyRail does much the same thing - almost all trains on weekends are
four-car trains although, to their credit, they do increase them to six or
eight cars when there is a major event on. But on normal days, I used to
have to stand from Westmead at 9am on a Sunday morning (I now live at
Penrith, so I get a seat now!)

David "The Doctor" Proctor
daproc.remove.spambait@bigfoot.com